Wednesday, April 1, 2009

One month monthish left of work, then TRAVELLING!!!!!

Hello all,

The working phase of my working holiday is almost over. I came to Australia with the least amount of money possible, figuring I would work once I got here to finance the rest of my travels. I have been doing that for the last 4 months now. It was a slow start to actually saving money, Sydney is quite the expensive city to live in, but surely I have managed to. And now with my latest spreadsheet predictions, I will be able to finish working in a month and start heading up coast. I cannot even begin to fathom how awesome it's going to be, not having to work, relaxing, and just focusing on seeing the sights for a couple months. Now, working in Sydney was definitely better than working in the cold back home, but Sydney has long since become boring, at least to someone with a strong desire to travel. I'm going to have to adapt again to living out of a backpack and hostels which will be different, but worthwhile I'm sure.

So, my basic travel plans are as follows. Well, what is certain now is that I am going to get a greyhound pass Sydney - Cairns, good for 45 days, so I can work my way up coast. My friend Damien, who is likely to come with me, and I are going to meet tomorrow to discuss what we each think is important to see and do, so I'll post an update after that meeting.

But yeah, I just thought I would let you know that I am finally getting close to travelling. Yay!

It's late now though and time for sleep.

G'night

AMnedardeews

1 comment:

Steven said...

I remember when I used to work in the country as well before heading out to travel. Well, when I was nearing the travel period, the months left for working seemed like years and the days felt like weeks. But when I finally went on in a Jeep to explore the country, the days went faster as I enjoyed a lot of places in the country. I hope to do it again soon and if given the chance, I hope to stay on a permanent basis. Hope to see some new updates from your blog though.