Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bronte kicked my ass today...

So, I finally got out surfing again, and as you can guess by the post title it didn't go too well. As much as I hate to say it, the waves were too big. I don't know why I insist on going to Bronte beach to try and surf, especially on days like today where the surf was high. The surf at Bronte is tough because it breaks in, what seems to me, erratic and complex patterns. It's especially hard for someone that has never had a surf lesson and still doesn't know how to read the waves.

Oh, and when I was out there I let my imagination get the best of me and thought I saw a shark or something big out in the water. I panicked a bit and started swimming towards the shore as fast as I could before I came to my senses. It didn't help that I was one of only 20 or so people in the water and was the furthest out with nobody around me. I definitely think that panicking is what really helps cause someone to drown because you waste so much energy quickly. I was never really in danger though because I made sure there were plenty of lifeguards on the beach watching my newbie surfer ass out there.

But yeah, I was out there for an hour and a half trying to catch just one wave while also trying not to get tossed around like a ragdoll. I failed, but it was fun and a good workout at least.

On another note, I took a HD video with my camera when I first got it that you can check out. This is what the quality of my videos are going to look like from now on. 1 up. (Holy, they take awhile to upload though, I guess I'll have to make sure they're always worthwhile)


You'll have to click on the HD button

And thats about it. I haven't done anything else exciting and I work a fair bit this week, but I'll still find something to post about for ya's. Worst comes to worst I'll just make it up ;)

Peace,

214 310

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you survived your day at Bronte. Please be careful...
Your video quality is great!! Much better than the old camera.
Keep the posts coming, we all love 'em....
Love you,
Mummy
xoxox