Saturday, March 21, 2009

Been workin, saw Watchmen...

Hey all,

Just a quick post here to let you know I'm still alive and well. I've not been up to much other than working the last few days. I did go out Thursday night to an IEP event at Glendale Hotel, which has an awesome rooftop view of the harbour. It's view was partially blocked by a cruise ship though which sucked, but what can you do. The event was fun, we just chilled up there, met new people while having a few drinks and some food.

But guess what. At the event, I experienced another confirmation that the world is a small place. Mark, one of the people I met there, is Canadian as well. I asked him what part of Canada and he said he was from Toronto. 'Oh I'm from Toronto too, whereabouts?' And he said he lived in Markham... 'Uhh me too, wow.' Turns out he lives just off of Fincham. For everyone not from Markham, he lives about a minute away from where I do. Back home. And we meet here in Oz. What are the chances? Crazy.

Just as an aside, they apparently have changed the figures from the ride "It's a small world" to Disney characters and not generic ethnic ones. Now you know...


Damien and I were supposed to go to do wine tasting and a tour of Hunter Valley on Monday, but that has been cancelled so we are going to head to the Zoo instead. I'll post some pictures from that for ya's soon enough.

I went and saw the movie Watchmen tonight at George St. Cinemas. It was a movie. I was excited about seeing it since it's the same guy who did 300 and I liked 300. I'm sure I would have enjoyed it more if I had read some of the comics it was based on, because otherwise it just comes off as a strange movie.

Anyways, I'm tired and heading to bed. My brain is long burnt out for the day.

Peace
Eh.

2 comments:

Christine said...

That's an ugly Cat !!! lol !!

Anonymous said...

wow! talk about a small world eh?
sounds like you are keeping busy that's great. tty soon.
love mum xoxox