Monday, January 26, 2009

Big Day Out

I went to Big Day Out, a huge music festival here in Sydney. It was awesome! There were so many people there and I got to see some awesome bands. I moved right up front to see Serj Tankian; I'd never been that close to stage before. Here are some pics, the rest I'll post on facebook.

I also did something called Silent Disco where everyone has wireless headphones on and are rocking out while everyone without headphones watches in envy. Check this out.

And these videos too. Here and Here

We were there quite early as you can tell. It was a full day of rocking out...

It was packed by the end of the day. This is just 2 stages out of the 8 there.

SERJ!

The huge building that would later fill up that played electronic/DJ music.

It was a fun day.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Hey !!! Awesome shots !! I saw the first video, was that you at the end rockin out ?? I tired to view the 2nd and 3rd videos but they wouldn't work ??

Anyways enjoy Australian Day !!

Anonymous said...

hi,

we don't actually know each other... I stumbled across your blog while I was looking up information on the SWAP program. I'm considering doing the UK program myself, and I was hoping you could tell me what you thought of SWAP? Was it helpful, or would it have been just as easy to go it alone, or use another program? Would you recommend it? Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks!

ameades said...

Hey,

I would definitely recommend SWAP. The help I have received here in Australia has been more than worth it. I also debated whether or not to save the money and do it myself, but now I realize that would have been a mistake. Things that would have caused me a headache doing on my own, were easy and simplified. Through IEP (Swap's partner here in Oz) I got help looking for a job/finding a place to stay, free internet which I really used a lot, advice on taxes,where to go, and what to visit. They host events that help you meet other travellers which are lots of fun. I'd say check and see who SWAP is associated with in the UK and look up some feedback on them. Let me know if you have any other questions :)

Andrew
Posted on Jan. 29th, 2009 01:32 pm