Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Farewell

This is just a quick post to say farewell. I want to thank everyone who has helped me so that I can take this journey. Thank you Mum especially, I know you were sad to see me off today. This is something I have to do and I thank you for all the support you have given me. Thank you to the rest of my family as well, I hope some of you can come and visit once I get set up down under. As well to all my friends, thank you for all the fun times. I encourage everyone to come and visit when and if they can.

This trip has been 8 months in the making. I have talked the talk, and now it is time for me to walk the walk. I look forward now to new friends, and new adventures, to new places, and new experiences. I am doing this to learn a bit more about myself, and I hope that the next time you see me, I will have changed, but for the better. I will share with you all the ups and downs of my travels, and I hope that you laugh, maybe even cry a little along with me. I hope to that you might be inspired as well, inspired to take greater chances. To shake up things once and awhile, and get out and try something new.

But for now I am off...to a new country, and a new chapter in my life. But remember though, this is not a goodbye, but a see you later. I love you all :)

Yours truly,

Andrew Hamilton Meades

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your flight went well and by the time you are reading this you have arrived safely and are at the hostel getting some much needed sleep.
Love,
Mum
xoxo

Anonymous said...

hope its going good man

Gloria said...

I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about you last night. I'm so proud of your courage Andrew, and I have no doubt that you will come back a changed young man. We look forward to hearing all about your adventures! Be safe ~ Love Gloria

Christine said...

Andrew !!! I missed your text late last night. I got your message at 2am. Glad to hear you had made it to the right terminal in LA !!!! I bet your glad that your off that long flight! I am so excited for you and can't wait to see and hear all of your cool stories !!! Place lots of pictures on your blog !! We will meet on Skype soon !! Can't wait, chat soon !!!
Love Chris
xoxoxo